Sonja J Leonard was born on December 5,
1948 in Anderson, South Carolina. (Yes...she was a Leonard
before marrying a Leonard!) She studied psychology at
Winthrop College in Rock Hill, S.C.
Sonja married Peter Thatcher Leonard, Sr. on September
13, 1972. Peter is a resident professor at the University
of Saigon in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. They have two
children, Peter Thatcher Leonard, Jr., who is a sea
captain with the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute,
Lee Lee, who graduated from the Rhode Island School
of Design (RISD) in fine art and exhibits internationally.
Her work can be seen locally at the office. She works
out of her studio in the neighborhood.
Broker/Owner of Leonard Leonard & Associates Inc.,
at 420 Downing Street, Sonja has owned and operated
her real estate firm for over 26 years. She specializes
in the turn of the century residential properties in
the older neighborhoods of Denver.
Her interests include historic preservation and education,
marketing, neighborhood planning and zoning, Landmark
Designation, as well as international travel and aid
to underdeveloped nations.
Sonja has been awarded the Partners in Preservation
Award, a member of the Denver Board of Realtors Million
Dollar Round Table, featured in Money Magazine for her
marketing, and named one of 50 people to watch by Denver
Magazine. (Continue on for a complete list of her accomplishments)
- Monthly contributions to Heifer International, Oxfam,
Unicef and the Red Cross African Relief.
- Ongoing support for the Stiles
African American Heritage Center
- Easter Egg Hunts for underprivileged children.
- Coat Drives for children.
- A pumpkin patch for children living in shelters.
- Educational support in Vietnam.
- Medical supplies to Cuba.
- Sponsor of the Dora
Moore House Tour.
- Corporate sponsor of Voices.
Renovations featured in
- Owner of one of the very few solely woman owned
and operated Real Estate Firms in Colorado.
- 26 years experience as the specialist in
selling turn of the century masterpieces in
the heart of Denver.
- Recipient of The Clara Barton Society Award from
the American Red Cross as one of the largest donors
- Honorable mention from NARI for restoration
of an older home.
- Graduate, Realtors Institute of Colorado (GRI
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS Designation).
- Certificate of appreciation from the Denver Police.
- Winner of state wide Real Estate Marketing Awards.
- Coordinator and sponsor for various Neighborhood
Historic Walking Tours in the inner city.
- 21 year member of the Denver Board of Realtors Million
Dollar Round Table Club (this is the top 2% of
- Featured Speaker at the Denver Board of Realtors,
the Colorado Realtor Rally, and the Colorado Real
- Awarded Partners
in Preservation by APNA for renovation
of a historic building.
- Denver Botanic Gardens
- Museum of Natural History
- Capitol Hill United Neighbors
- Alamo Placita Neighborhood Association
- Colorado Historic Society
- Denver Historic Society
- Denver Board of Realtors
- City Club of Denver
- Denver Art Museum
©1996 By Leonard
Leonard & Associates, Inc. All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part without permission is