- Cancel your homeowners insurance after your move is complete. Make sure you get any refund for any unused portion of the contract.
- Watch for your refund check from the water department as money has been escrowed at closing and you should have a check coming to you within two weeks. Do not make any more payments to the water department.
- Watch for your refund check from your lender. After your loan is paid off at closing, you may have money left in your escrow fund that should be forwarded to you within six weeks. If not, call your lender directly.
- Don’t forget to call Qwest (303.896.1111) and Excel Energy (1.800.895.4999) and give them your new address and the date you are closing. If you have deposits with these companies, you should ask for a refund.
- Don’t forget to call us in the spring!!!! We can help you protest your property taxes if you feel that they are too high!
Leonard Leonard takes great pride in continuing to help our clients even after the transaction has successfully closed.
Check out our Resource List to help guide you
in choosing the best people to help maintain your new house.
If you have any needs, concerns or problems after closing, we want to hear from you. We generally call after you have settled in to make sure you are happy in your new home!